Monday, March 13, 2017

Setbacks

I have been very hesitant to right another blog post and even attempt to continue this journey. Warning, this is not my usual cheery, positive Christ-centered post.
I have been hesitant because I am not doing well. I am stuck. I haven't lost anymore nor gained anymore muscle. Thankfully I haven't gained though either. My weight is stuck as well as my attitude.  As each month of living on food storage (frozen, powedered, processed) and struggling financially continues this goal gets harder.  You could say the challenges of the last two years of life are really weighing me down. I know this is common for many people who are trying to lose weight and get fit, life gets in the way and they get stuck. Excuse or not, life is hard. Well the only thing more I can think of to do in my stuckness, is to reach out to you, be accountable for my less then stellar actions, continue to try and ask for you support. I'm hoping the spring weather helps the exercise and mood part of the equation. I'm hoping to have the financial issues resolved by the end of the summer which will help the nutrition aspect of this equation. However, I only have 120 days to make my goal happen. Which I don't think is enough time. I guess on a positive note, I will be 40 for a whole year so if I still hit my goal before I turned 41 it will be a success. I'm not giving up.
So this is what I'm asking: Normally I am the one giving the advice and being the coach, but today I want you to comment and give me some of my advice back or other insights that you have.
Thanks for your help.
I also decided to post ,as humiliating as this is, so if you are in a similar situation you will know it's not easy for everyone else but you. Also if you have never been through a struggle with weight you will realize and have compassion for those who struggle with this issue. Sometimes it's not just about making good choices but having the means to make the choices you want to make.
Thanks for reading and being there for me today.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet lady, you have overcome many a challenge and you are up to this one. With your faith and grit, this plateau will appear to be a stepping stone when it is in the rear view mirror. If I can help you get through this by chatting or supporting you in some way, I am ready and willing. So proud of you for sharing this journey and this spedbump with your world. Sending hugs and support from NY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angi. I didn't realize I had comments. I need to change my settings so it notifies me. Thank you for all your support in my behalf. I appreciate it greatly.

      Delete
  2. Amy, I so appreciate you having the courage to share your real and honest experience. As you mentioned, we all struggle, and I think your words give voice to what so many of us go through. Even though my struggles are different in nature, I relate to what you're saying.
    Strength comes in many forms and sometimes just getting up and going through our everyday lives is the greatest victory. Make sure to give yourself credit for all you're doing and have done. I'll never forget how you reached out to me when I needed a friend during a difficult time. You bless the life of your family, your friends and community. Thank you for being you! You are amazing! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meghan for your kind words and support. I am glad that what I write is helpful. I liked how you said just getting through everyday can be a strength. I needed to hear that. Sorry, I didn't see this till now. I need to change my notification settings, I guess. Thanks so much. It's comments from others that help me continue on.

      Delete