I won't lie, Since I have gotten home, exercise has been really hard. It's not that I haven't had time. Nope that is not my excuse. I have been really sad over our circumstances. Better jobs have not come, it's been two years since my husband got out of the service (not his choice). Our situation seems to only be getting worse financially.
I know that exercise is the best, better than medication even, for depression. I just can't get myself to do it. Sigh...
Thankfully, I am still eating healthy and still losing weight. I've even lost 2 more lbs since being home, so that's good.
I have tried to tell myself just to go back to walking and not worry about the high intensity workouts. I've tried to talk myself into going swimming, it hasn't happened either. I've tried to tell myself to just keep focused on my goal and let Garrett and God work on everything else...Hasn't helped.
I tell you this, so you can witness the ups and downs. Just because I have put my heart and soul into this goal this year, doesn't mean that there are no stumbling blocks or resistive moments.
As I sit here though a thought just came to mind. Maybe this will help. Praying doesn't even seem to help me to move these days.
I have a plaque that my mom gave me one year. I'm sure you have heard it.
Tomorrow, I think I will try putting on some good music and just try and dance for a while. I also tell you this so that I can be accountable. Letting you know, helps get me out of my slump. So, thanks for listening.
Go Dance.

No comments:
Post a Comment